Experienced Back-End Web Developer
Designamite is one of the leading digital development agencies in the South West. Based in Exeter, we have a varied portfolio of Local, National and International clients, and have been in business for over 20 years.
We’re currently looking for an Experienced Back-End Developer with talent and ambition to join our friendly team in a relaxed but professional, flexible environment (we operate a compressed hour 4-day week and welcome remote working, although availability to meet and work in the Studio would also be required).
Successful applicants will ideally have:
- Experience of working with PHP frameworks (e.g. Laravel, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- Experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of integrating systems via APIs
- Experience of deploying websites/updates and maintaining database/servers
- Excellent PHP skills with experience of maintaining and creating class-based libraries and systems
- Experience of developing applications and systems with security as a priority
- Experience working with version control (.git or similar)
- Experience working with preprocessors (sass or less)
- Experience managing these tasks with software such as gulp, webpack, parcel, etc.
- A knowledge of testing methodologies.
You will be working under a Digital Project Manager on a broad range of exciting projects, primarily focusing on back-end development. Key responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of bespoke PHP web sites from designs, functional specifications and ad hoc client requests
- Configuration of web servers and deployment systems using Linux, Apache, and MySQL
- Communicating with internal team members, clients and third parties at a technical level
- Working with designers and project leaders to deliver on client and user requirements
- Having an eye for detail and work with designers to deliver on the teams vision
Competitive salary will vary depending on experience, and all successful applicants will receive full pension, attractive quarterly bonus scheme and 22 days annual leave (increasing by half a day each year to 26 days).
If you think you might be the person for the job, please fill in the details below and attach a CV.